ment; translated into Burmese, by A. Judson, D. D. 421
2. Grammar of the Burmese Language; by A. Judson,
I). D. . e © e e e G o . ib.
3. Tictionary of the Burmese Language; by A. Judson,
D. D. . © o e e & e • . ib.
4. Tife of Mrs. Ann H. Judson ; by James D. Knowles. . ib.
5. Memoir of Sarah B. Judson ; by Fanny Forester. 2nd
Edition. London. 1849. © o e © . 26.
6. The Judson Offering; intended as a token of Christian
sympathy with the living, and a memento of Chris-
tian affection for the dead. Edited by J. Dowling,
T). D. 10th Thousand. New York. 1848. . ib.
ART. WI.-LION HUNTING IN SOUTH AFRICA.
A Hunter's Life in South Africa. By R. Gordon Cum-
ming. 2 Vols. 8vo. London. 1850. . 456
ART. VII.-SIR. JAMES MACKINTOSH IN INDIA.
Memoirs of the Life of the Right Honourable Sir James
Mackintosh, edited by his son, Robert James Mack-
intosh, Esq. • g e © e e . 481
ART. VIII.- BROOME'S HISTORY OF THE
BEN GAL ARMY.
1. History of the Rise and Progress of the Bengal Army,
by Captain Arthur Broome. Vol. I. Calcutta. W.
Thacker and Co. 1850 . © o e o . 497
2. History of British India, by James Mill. Żó.
3. A Voyage to the East Indies, by Mr. Grose. o . ib.
4. History of the Military Transactions of the British
Nation in Indostan, by Robert Orme, Esq., F. A. S. . ib.
5. The Life of Robert Lord Clive, Baron of Plassey, by
|Mr. Caraccioli. . o & e o o ... ib.
6. Life of Lord Clive, by Major General Sir John Mal-
colm. . o © © © © go Q . i0.
. Macaulay's Critical and Historical Essays. . to ib.
. Reports of the Select Committee of the House of
Commons, e o e o o