« PreviousContinue »
be registered, to wit: all wills, all instruments creating trusts, all judgments adjudicating rights in the property to be registered, all restrictive covenants and restrictive provisions, and all descriptions not identical or substantially identical in the language describing the premises, with a previous description in the chain.
The said chain shall extend back for a period which to the court shall appear reasonable, and the examiner shall state his reasons for not extending it further.
The certificate shall also comply with all of the provisions of this law respecting its form and contents. Where the title is devolved through a suit or proceeding in any court, the facts showing the jurisdiction of such court over the persons and property to render the judgment shall be stated affirmatively and in detail. In lieu of setting forth verbatim copies as aforesaid the instruments themselves or the official records thereof or duly authenticated certified copies thereof may be presented to the court.
EXAMINER'S Certificate of TITLE.
State of New York,
certifies that title to the property herein described in this certificate is vested in.
clear of all liens, incumbrances, defects, rights and interests, except as below noted. A full statement has been made of all liens, incumbrances, defects, rights and interests including restrictions, special agreements, covenants, easements, taxes, surveys, judgments, mortgages and
encroachments as they arise in the order of this certificate, which statement is found in the following pages of this schedule. A brief summary statement of the same is as follows (such summary to be here set out in the order of the paragraphs in this certificate):
The names and post-office addresses of all persons interested, or claiming to have any rights or interest in said. property and the natures of their interests are as follows: Names. Nature of Interest.
The names of the other persons interested, or claiming to have any rights or interests, in said property whose postoffice addresses and whereabouts are unknown and cannot by diligent inquiry be ascertained are as follows:
Nature of Interest.
The facts as to the inquiries and efforts made to find other persons having any rights or interests in said property and the diligence used to ascertain whether or not those known can be served personally with a summons within the state, are set forth in the following detailed
1. Description. The following is an accurate diagram of the property proposed for registration in this action, the same having been copied from a survey made by..
The arrow shows the north point.
The above property is more particularly bounded and described as follows:
2. Records examined. Records necessary to determine the ownership of the above-described property and all liens and incumbrances have been examined in the offices of the register; clerk of the United States circuit court of the.... ...district; clerk of the United States district court of district; United States loan commissioners; county clerk, tax collector; comptroller; and in [any other offices which may not be] the following additional offices not specifically enumerated above:
The results of the examination of the records of the various offices above described are herewith set forth in detail separately. In case it has been found impossible to get necessary information to complete this certificate in any respect, a detailed statement has been given showing what efforts have been made.
3. Register's (or county clerk's) office. Search has been made against the following persons for the periods set opposite their respective names, for all conveyances, mortgages unsatisfied of record, assignments of unsatisfied mortgages returned hereon, leases and other instruments of record affecting said premises...
A chain of title is given below. It also shows all agreements and instruments of record affecting said property. The special covenants and restrictions, unsatisfied mortgages and agreements appearing in said chain are set forth in detail after said chain of title together with all liens,
incumbrances and defects in the register's (or county clerk's) office. (Here set forth chain of title, et cetera, as above.)
PARTICULARS OF EACH MORTGAGE UNSATISFIED.
(Here set forth all assignments of said mortgage; also any objections to or defects in such assignments.)
4. United States circuit and district court. Search has been made in the United States circuit and district courts of the district for judgments and decrees as follows: Names
Search has also been made in the United States district court of the..... ... district against all the names appearing in the register's (or county clerk's) search above for petitions in bankruptcy for the same periods as shown in register's (or county clerk's) search above so far as said periods fall within the times during which the bankruptcy acts of eighteen hundred and fortyone, eighteen hundred and sixty-seven and eighteen hundred and ninety-eight were in force.
Upon said search the following petitions appear..
5. Mortgages to the United States loan commissioners. Search has been made for such mortgages against all the names appearing in the register's (or county clerk's) search and for the same periods. Upon such search the following unsatisfied mortgages appear....
6. County clerk's office. Search has been made in this office for judgments, decrees and transcripts of judgments and decrees against the following names for the following periods: Names
Upon such search the following unsatisfied judgments are returned, the marginal notes showing what disposition has been made of them by the examiner..
Search has been made in this office for..... last past for mechanics' liens affecting said premises. Upon such search the following unsatisfied mechanics' liens appear.
A search has been made against the persons named in the search in paragraph two and for the same periods for notices of lis pendens; certificates of sheriff's and marshal's sales; insolvent assignments; general assignments; foreclosure by advertisements; appointments of receivers; appointment of trustees, of absconding, concealed, nonresident or imprisoned debtors; exemptions under the homestead act. A further search for sheriff's certificates has been made against each owner for a period of eleven years subsequent to the search in the register's office and for foreclosure by advertisement to date. Such instruments