About this book
Books on Google Play
AN EXPOSITION OF
THE FIRST EPISTLE OF ST. JOHN.
1. That which was from the beginning, which we have
heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which
we have looked upon, and our hands have handled,
of the Word of life -
2. (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it,
and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal
life, which was with the Father, and was mani-
fested unto us ;)
3. That which we have seen and heard declare we
have fellowship with
us : and truly our fellowship is with the Father,
and with his Son Jesus Christ.
4. And these things write we unto you, that your joy
may be full.
5. This then is the message which we have heard of
him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and
in him is no darkness at all.
6. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and
walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth :
7. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light,
we have fellowship one with another, and the
blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from
8. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive our-
selves, and the truth is not in us.
9. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to
forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all un-
10. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him
a liar, and his word is not in us.
1. My little children, these things write I unto you,
that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an
advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righ-
2. And he is the propitiation for our sins : and not
for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole
3. And hereby we do know that we know him, if we
keep his commandments.
4. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his
commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in
5. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the