« PreviousContinue »
CONTENTS OF NO. II. VOL. II, THIRD SERIES
By Prof. C. E. Stowe, D.D., of Lane Seminary, Cincionati, Ohio.
By Rev. T. M. Hopkins, Racine, W. T.
By Prof. J. W. Gibbs, Yale College, Ct.
1. Arnold's History of Rome.
32. Cheever's Pilgrim in the Jungfrau.
CONTENTS OF NO. III. VOL. II. THIRD SERIES.
1. Hilpert's Dictionary of the German and English Languages.
2. The Novitiate.
3. Owen's Xenophon's Cyropædia.
4. Harpor's New Miscellany.
5. Stuart's Misc llanies.
6. Congregationalism and Methodism.
7. Dr Jenkyn's Union of the Holy Spirit and the Church.
8. The Missionary Enterprise.
9. Kühner's Greek Grammar.
IX. FOREIGN LITERARY INTELLIGENCE,
CONTENTS OF NO. IV. VOL. II. THIRD SERIES.
By Rev. Alex. YERRINGTON, East Windsor, Ct.
Translated from the French of M. VILLEMAIN, late Minister of Instruc-
tion, by J. W. Mar, Burlington, Vt.
By Prof. Geo. BosWORTH, Baptist College, Montreal.
VIII. CRITICAL Notices,
1. Liddell and Scott's Greek Lexicon.
2. Harper's New Miscellany of Sterling Literature.
3. Elementary Classical Works.
4. The Trees of America, Native and Foreign, pictorially and botani-
cally delineated. By D. J. BROWNE.
IX. LITERARY INTELLIGENCE,