« PreviousContinue »
Rev. xxi. 5,6. He that sat upon the Throne faid, Behold, I make all Things new, I am Alpha and OMEGA, the Beginning and the End: I will give to him that is athirst of the Fountain of the Water of Life freely.
Of the infinite Mercy of God, in giving
his only Son CHRIST Jesus to be the
, iii. 13. but he that came down from HEAVEN, even the Son of Man which is in HEAVEN.
14. And as Moses lifted up the Serpent in the Wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be LIFTED UP :
15. That whosoever believeth in him, should not PERISH, but have Eternal Life.
16. For (a) God so loved the World, that he gave his Only begotten Son, that whosoever BELIEVETH in him, should not PERISH, but have everlasting LIFE.
17. For God sent not his Son into the World to conDEMN the World: but that the World through him might be SAVED.
18. He that believeth on him, is not CONDEMNED: but he that believeth not, is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the Name of the only begotten Son of God.
19. And this is the Condemnation, that LIGHT is come into the World, and Men loved DARKNESS rather than Light, because their Deeds were evil.
20. For every one that doth Evil, hateth the Light, neither cometh to the Light, left his Deeds should be reproved.
21. But he that doth Truth, cometh to the Light, that his Deeds may be made manifeft, that they are wrought in Gop.
(6) Heb. xii, 1. Wherefore, seeing we also are compassed about with so great a Cloud of Witnesies, let us lay aside every Weight;
and the Sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with Par tience the Race that is set before us :
2. Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our Faith; who for the Joy that was set before him, endured the CROSS, despising the Shame, and is set down at the right Hand of the Throne of God.
3. For consider him that endured such Contradiction of SinNERs against himself, lest ye be wearied, and faint in your Minds.
Job vii. 17. What is Man, that thou shouldst máGNIFY him ? and that thou shouldt set thine Heart upon him ? Psalm viii.
What is Man, that thou art MINDFUL of him? and the Son of Man, that thou visitest him ?
PS. Ixxxix. 19. Then thou spakelt in Vision to the Holy ONE, and saidft, I have laid Help upon one that is Mighty : I have EXALTED one chosen out of the People.
Ifai. Ixiii. 5. And I looked, and there was none to help ; and I wondered that there was none to UPHOLD: therefore mine own Arm brought SALVATION unto me.
Chap. xlii. 5. Thus faith God the Lord, he that created the Heavens, and itretched them out; he that spread forth the Earth and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth Breath unto the People upon it, and Spirit to them that walk therein :
6. I the Lord have CALLED thee in Righteousness, and will hold thine Hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a CoveNANT of the People, for a Light of the Gentiles ;
7. To open the BLIND Eyes, to bring out the PRISONERS from the Prison, and them that fit in Darkness out of the Prison-house.
8. I am the LORD, that is my Name, and my Glory will I not give to another.
10. Sing unto the Lord a new Song, and his PRAISE from the End of the Earth : ye that go down to the Sea, and all that is therein ; the Ines, and the Inhabitants thereof.
12. Let them give Glory unto the Lord, and declare his Praise in the Illands.'
Ezek. xvi. 6. And when I passed by thee, and saw thee POL. LUTED in thine own BLOOD, I said unto thee, when thou waft in thy BLOOD, LIVE : yea, I said unto thee, when thou walt in thy BLOOD, LIVB.
8. Now when I passed by thee, and LOOKED upon thee, behold, thy Time was the Time of Love, and I spread my Skirt over thee, and covered thy Nakedness : yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a Covenant with thee, faith the Lord God, and thou becamest MINE.
9. Then washed I thee with Water : yea, I throughly washed away thy Blood from thee, and I anointed thee with Oil.
John vi. 38. For I came down from Heaven, not to do my own Will, but the Will of him that sent me.
39. And this is the Father's Will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me, I should lose nothing, but should RAIS8 it up again at the last Day.
-40. And this is the Will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting Life : and I will raise him up at the last Day.
Rom. v. 6. For when we were yet without STRENGTH, in due time Christ died for the UNGODLY.
7. For scarcely for a righteous Man will one die : yet peradventure for a good Man some would even dare to die.
8. But God commendeth his Love towards us, in that while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us.
9. Much more then being now JUSTIFIED by his BLOOD, we shall be saved from WRATH through him.
10. For if when we were Enemies, we were RECONCILED TO God by the Death of his son: much more being reconciled, we shall be SAVED by his Life.
11. And not only so, but we also joy in God, through our Lord Jelus Christ, by whom we have now received the ATONE
Chap. viii. 3. For what the Law could not do, in that it was WEAK through the Fleh, God sending his own Son, in the Likeness of sinful Flesh, and for Sin condemned Sin in the Flesh :
4. That the RIGHTEOUSNESS of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the FLESH, but after the SPIRIT.
31. What shall we then say to these Things? If God be FOR us, who can be AGAINST us?
32. He that SPARED not his own Son, but DELIVERED him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us ALLTHINGS?
Ephef. ii. 4. But God, who is rich in Mercy, for his GREAT Love wherewith he loved us,
5. Even when we were dead in Sins, hath quickned us together with Chris, (by Grace ye are saved)
6. And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly Places in Chriftus.
7: That in the Ages to come he might Mew the exceeding Riches of his GRACE, in his Kindness towards us through Cbril Telus.
. 8. For by Grace are ye saved, through Faith: and that not of your
selves : it is the Gift of God. Chap. iii. 9. And to make all Men fee, what is the Fellowship of the MYSTERY, which from the Beginning of the World hath been hid in God, who CREATED all Things by Jesus Chrift:
10. To the Intent that now unto the Principalities and Powers in heavenly Places, might be known by the Church the manifold WISDOM of God,
11. According to the cternal Purpose which he purposed in Chris Jejus our Lord :
12. In whom we have Boldness and Access with Confidence, by the Faith of him.
Col. i. 12. Giving THANKS unto the Father, which hath made us mect to be Partakers of the Inheritance of the Saints in LIGHT.
13. Who hath delivered us from the Power of DARKNESS, and hath translated us into the KINGDOM of his dear Son:
14. In whom we have REDEMPTION THROUGH his BLOOD, even the FORGIVENESS of Sins.
i Pet. i. 3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his ABUNDANT Mercy, hath begotten us again unto a lively Hope, by the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the Dead.
1 John iii. 1. Behold, what manner of Love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the Sons of God: there, fore the World knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2. Beloved, we are the Sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be : but we know, that when he shall APPEAR, we shall be LIKE him ; for we shall see him as he is.
3. And every Man that hath this Hope in him, purifieth himself even as he is PURE.
of the great Love of Christ Jesus in becoming the SA
VIOUR of Mankind, and how the Contemplation thereof mould influence and engage all the Affections of the Soul to the Love and Fear of God, which must be express’d by an Obedience to aŭ bis Commands.
John xv. 9. As the Father hath Loved me, so have I Loved you: continue ye in my Love.
10. If ye KEEP my COMMANDMENTS, ye shall abide in my Love: even as I have kept my Father's Commandments, and abide in his Love.
11. These Things have I spoken unto you, that my Joy might remain in you, and that your Joy might be full.
12. This is my Commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13. Greater Love hath no Man than this, that a Man lar down his Life for his Friends.
14. Ye are my Friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
Chap. x. 15. As the Father knowoth me, even so know I the Father: and I LAY down my Life for the Sheep.
17. Therefore doth my Father love me, because I LAY down my Life, that I might take it again. 18. No Man TAKETH it from me, but I lay it down of
my felf: I have Power to lay it down, and I have Power to take it again. This Commandment have I received of my Father.
Luke xii. 50. I have a Baptism to be baptized with, and how am I straitned, till it be accomplished !
2 Cor. v. 14. But the Love of Christ constraineth us, because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all DEAD:
15. And that he died for all, that they which live, should not henceforth Live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
Matt. xxii. 37: Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy HEART, and with all thy Soul, and with all thy Mind.
38. This is the first and great Commandment.
39. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy Neighbour as thy self.
40. On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the PROPHETS.
Ephel. iii. 14. For this Cause I bow my Knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15. Of whom the whole family in Heaven and Earth is named,
16. That he would grant you according to the Riches of his Glory, to be strengthned with Micht, by his Spirit in the inner
17. That Christ may dwell in your Hearts by Faith; that ye being rooted and grounded in Love,
18. May be able to comprehend with all SAINTS, what is the Breadth, and Length, and Depth, and Height;
19. And to know the Love of Christ, which passeth Knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the Fulness of God.
20. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the Power that worketh in
us, 21. Unto him be Glory in the Church by Cbrif ejus throughout all Ages, World without End. 1 John ii. 4. He that faith, I know
him, and keepeth not his COMMANDMENTS, is a Lyar, and the Truth is not in him.
5. But whoso keepeth his Word, in him verily is the Love of God perfected : hereby know we that we are in him.
6. He that faith he abideth in him, ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
15. Love not the WORLD, neither the Things that are in the World. If any Man love the World, the Love of the Father is not in him.
16. For all that is in the World, the Lust of the Flesh, and the Lust of the Eyes, and the Pride of Life, is not of the Father, but is of the World.
17. And the World pafseth away, and the Lust thereof: but he that doth the Will of God abideth for ever.
Chap. iii. 16. Hereby perceive we the Love of God, because he laid down his Life for us.
Chap. iv. 8. He that loveth not, knoweth not God, for God is Love. 9. In this was, manifested the Love of God towards us, because