About this book
Books on Google Play
LONDON : TRÜBNER & CO., 60, PATERNOSTER ROW.
CONTENTS OF VOLUME I.
1. On the Study of Anthropology. By Dr. James Hunt, F.S.A., Pre-
sident A.S.L. - 2. Wild Men and Beast Children. By E. Burnet Tylor, F.A.S.L. -
3. On the Tribes of Loreto, in Northern Peru. By Professor Raimondi.
Translated from the Spanish by William Bollaert, F.A.S.L. -
4. A Day with the Fans. By Captain R. F. Burton, H.M. Consul at
Fernando Po, and V.P.A.S.L.
5. On the Difference between Man and the Lower Animals. By
Theodor Bischoff. Translated from the German
6. Summary of the Evidence of the Antiquity of Man
7. Huxley on Man's Place in Nature -
8. Jackson on Ethnology and Phrenology
9. Lyell on the Geological Evidence of the Antiquity of Man
10. Wilson's Prehistoric Man -
11. Pauly's Ethnographical Account of the Peoples of Russia
12. Commixture of the Races of Man. By John Crawfurd, Esq., F.R.S.
13. Burton's Prairie Traveller
14. Owen on the Limbs of the Gorilla -
15. Man and Beast. By Anthropos (C. Carter Blake)
16. Dunn's Medical Psychology -
17. Human Remains from Moulin-Quignon. By A. Tylor, Esq., F.G.S.
18. Notes of a Case of Microcephaly. By R. T. Gore, Esq., F.A.S.L. -
19. Notes on Sir C. Lyell's Antiquity of Man. By John Crawfurd, Esq.,
20. Falconer on the reputed Fossil Man of Abbeville
21. Miscellanea Anthropologica -
22. Discussions before the Anthropological Society -
1. On the Science of Language. By Richard Stephen Charnock, Esq.,
F.S.A., F.R.G.S., F.A.S.L.
2. Fergusson on the Influence of Race on Art -
3. Creation of Man, and Substance of the Mind. By Prof. Rudolph
4. Pietet on the Aryan Race -
5. Ethnological Inquiries and Observations. By the late Robert
Knox, M.D. -
6. On the Application of the Anatomical Method to the Discrimination
of Species. By the late Robert Knox, M.D. .
7. On the Deformations of the Human Cranium, supposed to be pro-
duced by Mechanical Means. By the late Robert Knox, M.D. - 271