« PreviousContinue »
Israelites who were ceremonially clean, were alone permitted to accompany it into the court of the tabernacle.
A Psalm of David.
1, 2 Chorus, 3 First voice. 4, 5 Second voice. 6 Chorus. 7
Semi-chorus accompanying the ark. 8 Voice from within the gates. 8 Chorus of priests accompanying the ark. 9 Chorus of priests and people with the ark. 10 Voice within the gates. 10 Grand chorus.
1. The earth is the Lord's and the folness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. 2. For he hath founded it
the established it upon the floods.
3. Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord ? or who shall stand in his holy place ?
4. He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
5. He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
6. This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.
7. Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
8. Who is this King of glory?
The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.
9. Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
10. Who is this King of glory?
The Lord of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.
PSALM XXV. 100.
Prayer of David, when having pursued his disconsolate way weep
ing, in the midst of his followers, up the Mount of Olives, and having gained the summit, he turned back to look at Jerusalem and at the tabernacle, which was discoverable upon Mount Zion from its summit, and to adore the Lord, and humble himself under his mighty hand. 2 Sam. xv. 32.
A Psalm of David.
1. Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
2. O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.
3. Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.
4. Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths.
5. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me : for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.
6. Remember, O Lord, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses ; for they have been ever of old.
7. Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions : according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O Lord.
8. Good and upright is the Lord : therefore will he teach sinners in the way.
9. The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.
10. All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.
11. For thy name's sake, O Lord, pardon mine iniquity ; for it is great.
12. What man is he that feareth the Lord ? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.
13. His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth.
14. The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant, 15. Mine eyes are ever toward the Lord; for he shall pluck my feet out of the net.
16. Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
17. The troubles of my heart are enlarged : O bring thou me out of my distresses.
18. Look upon my affliction and my pain ; and forgive all my sins.
19. Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
20. O keep my soul, and deliver me; let me not be ashamed ; for I put my trust in thee.
21. Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
22. Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles.
PSALM XXVI. 44.
Prayer of David, on hearing that his enemies published at the court
of Saul, that he had quitted Israel and joined himself to the Philistines. 1 Sam. xxvii. 3, 4.
A Psalm of David.
1. JUDGE me, O Lord; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the Lord; therefore I shall not slide.
2. Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.
3. For thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth.
4. I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers.
5. I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.
6. I will wash mine hands in innocency: so will I compass thine altar, O Lord :
7. That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.
8. Lord, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelletb.
9. Gather not my soul with sinners, nor my life with bloody men:
10. In whose hands is mischief, and their right hand is full of bribes.
11. But as for me, I will walk in mine integrity: redeem me, and be merciful unto me.
12. My foot standeth in an even place: in the congregations will I bless the Lord.
PSALM XXVII. 40.
Prayer of David, when Saul, being encamped at Hachilah near
Jeshimon, was in pursuit of bim; David, accompanied by