« PreviousContinue »
Hymn 124. s. M.
ET God the Father live
2. Ye saints, employ your breath In honour of the son,
Who bought your souls from hell and death, By off'ring up his own.
3. Give to the spirit praise
Of an immortal strain, Whose light, and pow'r and grace conveys Salvation down to men.
4. While God the comforter
5. To the great one in Three,
Hymn 125. P. M.
For all my comforts here,
2. To God the son belongs
Who bought us with his blood
3. To God the Spirit's name
4. Almighty God! to thee
Be endless honours done,
And the mysterious One: Where reason fails with all her pow'rs, There faith prevails, and love adores.
Hymn 126. c. M. holy, holy, holy Lord!
Be endless praise to thee! Supreme, essential One, ador'd In co-eternal Three.
2. Enthron'd in everlasting state,
3. To whom Isaiah's vision shew'd,
4. To thee, by mystic pow'rs on high Were humble praises given, When John beheld with favour'd eye, Th' inhabitants of heaven!
5. All that the name of creature owns,
6. Hail, holy, holy, holy Lord!
Hymn 127. c. M. 1. ATHER of glory, to thy name
Who dost an act of grace proclaim,
2. Immortal honour to the Son,
Who makes thine anger cease; Our lives he ransom'd with his own, And dy'd to make our peace.
3. To thy Almighty Spirit be Immortal glory given,
Whose influ'nce brings us near to thee, And trains us up for heaven.
4. Let men, with their united voice, Adore th' eternal God,
And spread his honours and their joys Thro' nations far abroad.
5. Let faith, and love, and duty join,
Hymn 128. s. M.
'ATHER in whom we live,
Of thy creating love:
2. Incarnate Deity,
Let all the ransom'd race Render in thanks their lives to thee For thy redeeming grace : The grace to sinners shew'd Ye heavenly choirs proclaim,. And cry salvation to our God, Salvation to the Lamb.
3. Spirit of holiness,
Let all thy saints adore
Thine heart-renewing power:
4. Eternal tri-une Lord,
Let all the hosts above, Let all the sons of men record, And dwell upon thy love.
When heaven and earth are fled
Sing all the saints thy love hath made,
Hymn 129. s. M
ET heav'n and earth agree, The Father's praise to sing, Who draws us to the Son, that he May us to glory bring.
2. Honour and endless love, Let God the Son receive,
Who saves as here, and prays above,
Who now attests us sons of grace,
And seals us heirs of heaven.
4. Drawn, and redeem'd and seal'd,
Hymn 130. P. M.
HEE, father of men and angels we praise, Whose wonders are seen in nature and grace, Throughout thy creation whose goodness we prove, And boundless compassion and infinite love. 2. Thee, Jesus, the Son of God we confess, Whose passion alone hath purchas'd our peace; With cherubs before thee and seraphs we fall, And prostrate adore thee the Saviour of all. 3. O Spirit of might, of joy, and of love, Who guidest us right to mansions of love, Whose hallowed graces for heaven prepare; We pay thee our praises 'till glorify'd there. 4. There, there we shall see the substance divine, And fashion'd like thee transcendantly shine, The personal essence be bold to explain, And wrapt in thy presence eternally reign.
Hymn 131. P. M.
ATHER of our dying Lord,
Shew his truth, and pow'r and grace;
2. True and faithful witness, thou, O Christ! the spirit give.