« PreviousContinue »
Hymn 196. L. M.
Weary souls invited to rest.
Matt. xi. 28.
Come and accept the promis'd rest;
3. Here mercy's boundless ocean flows,
The hope thy gracious words impart;
Hymn 197. s. M.
1.RAISE your triumphant songs,
2. Sing how eternal love
Its chief beloved chose,
3. His hand no thunder bears,
When Christ was sent with pardon down
5. Now, sinners, dry your tears, Let hopeless sorrow cease; Bow to the sceptre of his love," And take the offer❜d peace.
Hymn 198. c. M.
ET ev'ry mortal ear attend, And ev'ry heart rejoice; The trumpet of the gospel sounds, With an inviting voice.
2. Rivers of love and mercy here,
Like floods of milk and wine.
3. The happy gates of gospel grace,
Lord, we are come to seek supplies,
FOR a thousand tongues to sing
To spread through all the earth abroad
3. Jesus, the name that calms our fears,
4. He breaks the pow'r of cancell❜d sin, He sets the pris❜ner free ;
His blood can make the foulest clean;
5. Look unto him, ye nations, own
Look, and be sav'd through faith alone,
6. See all your sins on Jesus laid!
7. With me-ye then your Lord shall know ; Shall feel your sins forgiv'n; Anticipate your heav'n below,
And own that love is heav'n.
Hymn 200. г. M.
OME, ye sinners, poor and needy,
He is willing, doubt no more.
Hope and Love, Faith and Repentance,
Come to Jesus Christ and buy.
3. Let not conscience make you linger;
If you tarry till you're better,
Hymn 201. L. M.
OME, sinners, to the gospel feast;
Ye need not one be left behind;
2. Sent by my Lord, on you I call; The invitation is to all;
Come all the world! come, sinner, thou! All things in Christ are ready, now.
3. Come, all ye souls, by sin oppress'd, Ye restless wand'rers after rest;
Ye poor, and maim'd, and halt, and blind, In Christ a arty welcome find.
4. My message as from God receive;
5. His love is mighty to compel ::
His conqu❜ring love consent to feel;
6. See him set forth before your eyes,
7. This is the time; no more delay! The invitation is to-day;
Come in this moment, at his calk
Hymn 202. L. M,
INNERS, obey the gospel word, Haste to the supper of my Lord: Be wise to know your gracious day, All things are ready, come away. 2. Ready the Father is to own,
And kiss his late-returning son;
Just now the stony to remove;
4. Ready for you the Angels wait, To triumph in your blest estate: Tuning their harps, they long to praise The wonders of redeeming grace. 5. The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, Are ready with their shining host: All heav'n is ready to resound,
"The dead's alive! the lost is found!" 6. Come then, ye sinners, to your Lord, In Christ to paradise restor❜d: His proffer'd benefits embrace, The plenitude of gospel grace.
Let all the nations know,
To earth's remotest bound, The of Jubilee is come; year Return, ye ransom'd sinners, home..
2. Extol the Lamb of God,
The sin-atoning Lamb,.