« PreviousContinue »
"In Zion let us all appear, "And keep the solemn day." 2. I love her gates, I love the road: The Church adorn'd with grace Stands like a palace built for God! To show his milder face.
3. Peace be within this sacred place,
With holy gifts and heav'nly grace
4. My soul shall pray for Zion still,
Hymn 362. P. M.
[OW pleas'd and blest was I,
"Come, let us seek our God to-day :"
And there our vows and honours pay.
2. Zion, thrice happy place!
And walls of strength embrace thee round;
Hymn 363. c. M.
1. Attend his holy place;
And bless his wondrous grace.
2. Lift up your hands by morning light, And send your souls on high;
Raise your admiring thoughts by night
3. The God of Zion cheers our hearts,
Hymn, 364. L. M.
exalt his name,
While in his earthly courts ye wait,
2. Praise ye the Lord, the Lord is good; To praise his name is sweet employ: Israel he chose of old, and still
His church is his peculiar joy.
Hymn 365. c. M.
WAKE, ye saints, to praise your King
A Your sweetest passions raise,
Your pious pleasure, while you sing,
2. Great is the Lord; and works unknown
But still his saints are near his throne,
3. O Zion, trust the living God,
Hymn 366. s. M.
The house of thine abode,
2. I love thy church, O God!
Her walls before thee stand,
3. If e'er to bless thy sons
My voice or hands deny,
4. If e'er my heart forget
Her welfare, or her woe,
5. For her my tears shall fall;
6. Beyond my highest joy
I prize her heav'nly ways,
Hymn 367. c. M.
'N God's own house pronounce his praise, His grace he here reveals;
To heav'n your joy and wonder raise,
2. Let all your sacred passions move,
3. All that have motion, life, and breath
Yet when your voice expires in death,
Hymn 368. P. M.
IN Zion's sacred gates
With ceaseless beauty shine.'
2. His wondrous acts demand,
3. The trumpet's martial voice, The timbrel's softer sound,
The organ's solemn peal,
To swell the song, with highest joy,
Hymn 369. c. M.
REAT God, the nations of the earth
2. But, Lord, thy greater love has sent
Unveiling what rich stores of grace
3. Lord, when shall these glad tidings spread The spacious earth around, 'Till ev'ry tribe, and ev'ry soul Shall hear the joyful sound?
4. O when shall Afric's sable sons
And vassals long-enslav'd become
5. When shall th' untutor'd Heathen tribes, A dark, bewilder'd race,
Sit down at our Immanuel's feet,
6. Haste, sov'reign mercy, and transform
Soften the tyger to a Lamb,
7. Smile, Lord, on each divine attempt
Hymn 370. L. M.
The apostles commission.
O, preach my gospel," saith the Lord,
"Bid the whole earth my grace receive; "He shall be sav'd, that trusts my word; "And he condemn'd that won't believe. 2." I'll make your great commission known, "And ye shall prove my gospel true, 66 By all the works that I have done, 66 By all the wonders ye shall do.
"Go, heal the sick, go raise the dead,
"Tho' Greeks reproach, and Jews blaspheme.
4." Teach all the nations my commands,